A unique opportunity to acquire true historical Trompe L’Oeil* techniques in Florence, Italy
*Trompe-l’œil: (French: “trick the eye”) is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects appear in three-dimensions, instead of actually being a two-dimensional painting.
- Be guided personally through practical hands-on training by an expert teacher. Take advantage of the special opportunity to study with this wonderful teacher in a small group with personal assistance in English.
- About the teacher: Marco Cavallini teaches historical painting techniques at the Institute of Art in Florence and lectures at the University of Florence on the history of architecture and interior decoration. He is well known and respected in Italy for his publications and his teaching. He is regarded as one of the few remaining representatives of the artists workshop tradition started in the Renaissance in Florence.
- Learn easily with carefully organized systems of colour mixing and guidance as to the correct use of suitable tools. The teaching provides a way to ‘fast-track’ past a lot of experimental learning.
- Acquire techniques passed down through generations of highly skilled professional painters
which are time saving and adaptable to various projects.
- Train your eye and be inspired by examining some of the world’s most precious decorative cycles in the company of experts. Organized visits in Florence are included in the program.
- Rest assured that the teaching is founded on generations of knowledge and recognized merit. You can rely on the expertise of Florenceart.net studio, a well established Florentine-based artisan studio specialized in decorative painting, gilding, and restoration, to provide access to expert knowledge, exclusive visits and quality teaching in this field.
July 14 – 18, 2008 (1 week only) Intro Trompe l’Oeil: Monday to Friday 3pm to 7pm including 6 nights accommodation in comfortable hotel in central Florence: Price: 900.00* euros per person
July 21 – 25, 2008 (1 week only) Advanced Trompe l’Oeil: Monday to Friday 3 pm to 7pm including 6 nights accommodation in comfortable hotel in central Florence: Price: 900* euros per person
* Discount of 100 euros for Intro and Advanced courses taken together. Price based on double occupancy. (Contact us to request singles)
All course materials provided.
Few spaces available, contact us today!
For more info call the Florenceart studio in Florence and ask for Alison: + 39 055 733 2865